Care Instructions For Your Cutting Board
- Take a damp sponge or damp paper towel to wipe your cutting board down after each use. Or simply rinse your cutting board, just make sure to lean it up to dry (don’t lay it flat).
- Soap can be used in minimal amounts
Long Term Care:
If you notice your beeswax finish becoming dull or nonexistent in some areas…
- First your board must be dry and clean. Take your bees wax - mineral oil finish (WOOD BUTTER) and some paper towel. Take a small dollop of the finish onto the paper towel and thoroughly rub into the whole board. Try your best to work it into the wood with pressure.
- Let the wax dry overnight, leaned up on edge.
- Next morning, wipe any excess wax off, and buff with a clean paper towel.
- Apply more wax as needed, just be sure to wipe any excess off the next day.
If you ever need to lightly sand your cutting board, just use a 220-grit sandpaper and wipe all dust off before you reapply the finish.
If you have questions, email Greg:Greg Fishell
Fishell Woodworks LLC